The key responsibility of an Account Manager at the Greenery is to manage a portfolio of landscape maintenance accounts. This is a hands on, working position in the field. This motivated individual must have plant material knowledge, insect control, irrigation, and turf grass knowledge. Must possess strong communication skills and have the ability to manage an exclusive book of business. This individual must be an effective communicator that will develop and maintain excellent relationships with clients by providing feedback, follow-up, designs and regular site visits.
· Business Development - soliciting new maintenance contracts.
· Building an outstanding production team - developing employees and working with employees to build and support a team environment.
· Managing production for our high quality service including understanding basic horticultural concepts and working efficiently and safely at all times.
· Selling enhancement services in order to improve site conditions; coordinating with other branch employees and customers to ensure that enhancement work is completed successfully, on budget and on time.
· Ensuring a safe environment for employees, customers and the general public.
· Acting as a liaison between clients and our branch to ensure that receivables are current and collections are performed if needed.
· Ability to lift/carry heavy objects (i.e., 50 lb. fertilizer bags, various equipment, large trees & plants).
· Ability to operate a truck with a full crew and pull an equipment trailer loaded with mowers, blowers, shears, pesticides, fuel, etc.
· Ability to operate large mowers, walk behind mowers, aerators and push mowers.
· Work outside in the elements of nature (i.e., heat and humidity of the summer, cold and rain of the winter).
· Ability to load and operate turf aerators.
· Use gas powered equipment (hedge shears, edger’s, weed eaters) to perform maintenance tasks.
· Install hardwood mulch and bales of pine straw.
· Dig holes and install drainage, repair pipes and irrigation heads, etc.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, crouch, stoop or kneel; also, reach/carry with hands and arms; as well as talk and hear.
· Prefer Bachelor's degree in Agriculture Business or Horticulture or 5+ years of experience
· Effective oral and written communication skills
· Ability to prioritize job duties and multi-task in a fast paced environment
· Customer service experience - able to identify and resolve customer concerns
· Strong work ethic
· Must be physically fit.
Your application has been successfully submitted.