Wilcox Landscaping, Inc.
New Castle, Delaware, USA
SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS
Performs general labor duties and assists the installation of flagstone, natural stone walls, interlocking stone, pre-cast retaining walls, grading, sodding and planting
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Move materials using shovels, wheelbarrows, carts and dollies, and manual lifting and carrying
· Plant trees, shrubs, perennials, and annuals as instructed.
· Use power tools and equipment in the process of completing specified duties. Stone saws, plate compactors, circular saws and drills.
· Work in a safe and professional manner as described by the guidelines in the employee handbook and the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
JOB REALTED SKILLS
- Ability to follow directions
· Complete assigned tasks with enthusiasm and a strong customer service orientation.
· In good physical condition.
Reports to crew foreman or acting replacement
A high school diploma is required. This position requires manual dexterity, good eye-hand coordination, good balance and an ability to work well in teams.
Ability to communicate orally with co-workers is important. Regular use of a variety of both handheld and motorized tools is essential. Activities include extended periods of standing, walking and extensive work with concrete saws, stone tools, wheelbarrows and shovels. Heavy lifting is expected. Good manual dexterity for the use of common construction equipment. Hearing and vision within normal ranges is important for conversations, to receive ordinary information.
The job may be performed both indoors and outdoors in a variety of settings including potentially hazardous conditions around construction site. Exposure to loud noises, dust, dirt, and smoke may occur. Personal protective equipment including appropriate construction grade boots, gloves, hardhat, goggles, pants and shirt are required. Activities include extended periods of standing, and extensive work with concrete saws, stone tools, wheelbarrows and shovels.
Your application has been successfully submitted.