Landscape Operations Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Operations Manager Position
This position is responsible for building a winning team and knowledge base for achieving excellence in all facets of branch operations including inventory management, team development, customer value, and overall financial performance and growth. This role works in collaboration with area leadership to meet or exceed goals set forth in terms of revenue, customer satisfaction, and associate succession planning.
Work involves extensive planning, directing and management of the day-to-day activities pertaining to the maintenance, construction, and renovations of assigned contracts. In accordance with company policies specifically pertaining to project schedules and budgets, fleet and equipment management, quality control, implementing and operating per Contours Landscape Solution Standard Operating Procedures, and safety management.
Must uphold company policies, procedures, and company core values at all times.
Understand new contract estimates and budgets.
Work Closely with administrative staff to make sure all contract administration is timely and accurate.
Assist with developing annual maintenance division budgets and accruals.
Accountable to monthly P&L and provide feedback on contract performance.
Responsible for all operations managers, field team members and forecasted labor
- Implement and enforce policies and procedures as issued by CLS.
- Ensures coaching, evaluating, performance reviews, growth development plan(s) and training staff and field workers.
- Recommend staff changes, promotions, wage adjustments and staffing limits to upper Management.
- Managing labor force to ensure labor budgets are on track.
- Identify forecasting staffing needs based on current and future workloads.
- Oversee accurate daily and weekly activity logs; updating production tracking reports and generating other related reports as needed.
- Verify crew entries of time into Payroll tracking on daily and weekly basis.
- Responsible for managing and approving all crews’ timesheets and vacation requests.
- Oversee crew schedules for days and weeks ahead, effectively, and efficiently.
Responsible for all care and use of assets to include fleet and equipment.
- Responsible for ensuring all crews have returned to the office and ensuring all trucks and gates are secured.
- Responsible for dispatch of labor and equipment to job sites
- Managing equipment utilization on projects, equipment storage and maintenance
- Ensure that repairs to equipment and vehicles are completed in a timely manner.
- Ensure best use of tools and equipment efficiently to ensure project completion and keep all rentals to a minimum and call off rentals immediately after use.
- Manage equipment/truck database and ensure routine maintenance occurs and is logged.
Evaluating employee safety data and promoting safe work practices or conditions; ensuring employees attend weekly safety meetings.
- Manage all crews GPS and driver safety records, provide recommendations to upper management for any driver warnings and write ups.
- Organize weekly safety toolbox talks with crews and ensure proper PPE and other safety related information is presented to all crews.
- Follow all safety protocols for reporting any accidents and ensure safety policies are being followed.
Works with Upper Management to track all expenses on jobs, ensuring proper entry of time, materials, and subcontractors for each.
- Ensuring that all landscape services are delivered according to contract specifications, within budget and on schedule.
- Daily collection of all receipts/bills of lading for all materials delivered to projects. Properly identify each ticket with job name, number, and PO.
- Submit invoices to AP for processing within 24 hours of purchases.
- Obtain PO prior to purchasing anything, provide accurate estimated value when obtaining.
- Responsible for approving, coding, and submitting material invoices in a timely manner.
- Ensure monthly billing is completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Look for opportunities daily to beat budgets while maintaining quality.
- Manage sourcing and procurement for materials on projects. Order long lead items as required.
- Manages multiple landscape & irrigation installation projects of all sizes.
Act as quality control for all landscape services provided and attend company and client meetings.
- Conduct "in-house" walk through upon completion of each job, to include assembly and completion of punch-list items in preparation for substantial completion walk-through.
- Inspect key client properties to monitor performance and overall job quality.
- Inspecting all field work; analyzing and resolving problems
Ensure that all communication is being executed to the proper parties.
- Attend and assist with all internal scheduling and pre-construction and production meetings.
- Meeting and exceeding the expectations and requirements of external and internal customers – working with staff to ensure same
Minimum 5 Years Management and oversight of 2+ Million Revenue and quality services in Commercial landscape maintenance and Installation.
Minimum 3 years’ experience in landscape maintenance account management.
BS/BA or Landscape Maintenance, Grounds, Horticulture, Construction or related.
Landscape professional with strong horticulture knowledge
Strong communication skills and knowledge of Spanish is a plus
Needs to be self-motivated, team player and results oriented.
Able to work in a fast-paced work environment, multi-task to meet schedule deadlines with limited supervision. Keen attention to detail.
Problem Solving/ Analysis.
This position oversees management of operations manager and laborers of the branch location and is responsible for the performance management.
Work Environment/Hours of Work:
This is a full-time annual salary paid position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 40+ hours per work week. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, outside weather.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to frequently inspect the project and may be exposed to ongoing landscape management services and various conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Travel is primarily local during the business day.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Contours Landscape Solution