Premier Landscapes Organization, LLC
Orlando, Florida, USA
General Manager – Commercial Landscaping Permanent, Full-Time
SALARY: $65,000 + Bonuses
START DATE: Immediately
A fun, proven company seeks an ambitious General Manager to take over operations of a $6M+ landscaping company. This is a fast-growing company in the Orlando market that thrives on passion, innovation and great client relationships. Candidate must have a thorough knowledge of the landscaping business with an emphasis on large commercial installation jobs. Candidate must be a self-motivated individual that can lead the company in its growth strategy and manage with a firm, fair and fun mentality. An equity position can be earned with superior results. Candidate will be responsible for sales, profitability, budgeting and managing clients, staffing and production.
ONLY candidates meeting the following minimum job requirements shall apply:
A CURRENT FLORIDA IRRIGATION LICENSE IS A MANDATORY
REQUIREMENT FOR THIS POSITION.
- Five (5) years’ experience as a General Manager in the landscaping industry working with a company with a gross income of at least $3M.
- Five (5) years’ experience working directly with large commercial clients in the construction industry.
- Five years’ experience managing 30 or more employees with emphasis on:
- Developing and maintaining job descriptions
- Motivating employees to achieve their individual potential
- Holding employees accountable to their job descriptions
- Managing attendance
- Managing people up or out
- Developing and maintaining team cohesiveness
- Developing flexible teams that can adjust based on the needs of the business
- Bachelor’s Degree or some college preferred.
- Degree in horticulture strongly preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of Project and Maintenance Division Operations.
- Proven ability to think and plan strategically and tactically with emphasis on:
- Developing long-term strategies for the business for growth, target markets and profitability and developing the associated strategic budget.
- Developing tactics that support the achievement of the long-term strategies with the associated measurements and controls.
- Solid understanding of Management Metrics:
- Performance Metrics, individual and team
- Production Metrics, individual and team
- Staffing Metrics
- Employee Development Metrics
- Job Costing
- Financial Metrics
- Profit & Loss
- Solid understanding of Management Controls to ensure that metrics are consistently at or above targets and how to improve negative results.
- Ability to read, understand and discuss Landscape Drawings provided by General Contractors and knowing the difference between draft sets, addendums and bid sets.
- In-depth knowledge of Estimating with emphasis on incorporating:
- Field Labor costs, load, overtime factor, unbillable time, markup percentage and proper ratio
- Equipment costs, fuel, insurance, repairs and maintenance, rental, markup percentage and proper ratio
- Materials costs, shipping percentage, warranty percentage, applicable taxes, markup percentage and proper ratio
- Subcontracting costs, insurance requirements and markup percentage
- Overhead costs, overhead wages, expenses and markup dollar amount
- Overall Profit Margin
- In-depth understanding of construction Budget Development & Management.
- In-depth knowledge of construction Project Management with emphasis on:
- Developing project plans
- Mission and Scope
- Critical Path
- In-depth knowledge of Change Management.
- In-depth knowledge of Submittal Management.
- Responsible for all operational results with emphasis on:
- Developing strategic and tactical plans and budgets.
- Managing profit and loss
- Developing all performance metrics, company and employee.
- Implementing controls for all performance metrics.
- Translating landscape drawings into accurate estimates, budgets and project plans.
- Managing submittals.
- Managing scope change.
- Directing project and maintenance operations.
- Ensuring that all safety requirements are met at all times.
- Responsible for everything listed in the Job Requirements section above; other duties as assigned based on the needs of the business.
Qualified candidates shall submit their resumes to:
Your application has been successfully submitted.