Landscape Maintenance Gardener
At Caretaker we're all about our team, our partners, doing the right thing, working hard and having fun. If this sounds like a team you would love to be a part of or feel you are the right candidate.
We currently have full time positions available for East Valley Maintenance Gardeners (Valid Driver's License a plus). A Maintenance Gardener is responsible for performing a variety of unskilled and semi-skilled landscape tasks including horticulture, grounds maintenance, and equipment operation; perform related work as required.
- Follows directions from the Crew Leader; performs landscape maintenance functions (e.g., pulling weeds, raking leaves, sweeping sidewalks, and cleaning debris)
- Clears ditches, digs holes, and performs handwork as necessary using a pick, shovel, or other hand tools
- Waters vegetation using a hose; cleans canals, drains, and tree wells; operates light landscape equipment (e.g., 21" mower, leaf blower, weed eater, stick edger, and hedge trimmer)
- Operates demanding landscape equipment (e.g., 36", 48" and riding lawn mowers)
- Ensures work is performed to the company's and customer's expectations
- Finishes the work efficiently thereby improving gross margin
- Recognizes areas for improvement in the landscape and communicates this to the Crew Leader
- Maintains tools and equipment to ensure safety
- Performs general clean up at the work site
- Thinks ahead and completes tasks efficiently within budget and timelines
- Attends safety meetings
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently
- Applies chemicals (e.g., fertilizer, Round Up, Fusillade) to landscape
- Uses chemical application equipment (e.g., spray tank, belly grinder)
- Communicates well with others using basic English or Spanish
- Identifies weeds, insects, and plants correctly
- Role models PPE usage
- Plants vegetation as instructed
- Provides excellent service (e.g., accurate, complete, and timely) to clients, work-site partners, and company staff in a courteous and efficient manner
- Valid Driver's License and a clean driving record a plus
- Weekly Pay
- 401k Benefits
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holiday
Caretaker is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants.
Your application has been successfully submitted.