Landscape Maintenance Gardener
This job is no longer accepting applications.
At Caretaker we're all about our team, our partners, doing the right thing, working hard and having fun. If this sounds like a team you would love to be a part of or feel you are the right candidate.
We currently have full time positions available for East Valley Maintenance Gardeners (Valid Driver's License a plus). A Maintenance Gardener is responsible for performing a variety of unskilled and semi-skilled landscape tasks including horticulture, grounds maintenance, and equipment operation; perform related work as required.
- Follows directions from the Crew Leader; performs landscape maintenance functions (e.g., pulling weeds, raking leaves, sweeping sidewalks, and cleaning debris)
- Clears ditches, digs holes, and performs handwork as necessary using a pick, shovel, or other hand tools
- Waters vegetation using a hose; cleans canals, drains, and tree wells; operates light landscape equipment (e.g., 21" mower, leaf blower, weed eater, stick edger, and hedge trimmer)
- Operates demanding landscape equipment (e.g., 36", 48" and riding lawn mowers)
- Ensures work is performed to the company's and customer's expectations
- Finishes the work efficiently thereby improving gross margin
- Recognizes areas for improvement in the landscape and communicates this to the Crew Leader
- Maintains tools and equipment to ensure safety
- Performs general clean up at the work site
- Thinks ahead and completes tasks efficiently within budget and timelines
- Attends safety meetings
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently
- Applies chemicals (e.g., fertilizer, Round Up, Fusillade) to landscape
- Uses chemical application equipment (e.g., spray tank, belly grinder)
- Communicates well with others using basic English or Spanish
- Identifies weeds, insects, and plants correctly
- Role models PPE usage
- Plants vegetation as instructed
- Provides excellent service (e.g., accurate, complete, and timely) to clients, work-site partners, and company staff in a courteous and efficient manner
- Valid Driver's License and a clean driving record a plus
- Weekly Pay
- 401k Benefits
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holiday
Caretaker is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants.
Your application has been successfully submitted.