Leisure World Community Association
908 S Power Rd , Mesa , AZ - 85206
Leisure World Community Association, an active resort style 55+ community, is seeking Landscapers for its Landscape Department. The position works to maintain and enhance the aesthetics of landscape within Leisure World.
· Selective shrub pruning and trimming
· Pick up clipping left by resident and landscape crews
· Remove and plant shrubs
· Pick up storm damage debris and branches
· Apply fertilizer, mulch, and other planting materials
· Spread rock
· Pull weeds
· Removing stumps
· Staking and re-staking trees
· Rake up leaves and clippings
· Other duties as required by the Director of Landscape and/or the Supervisor
· Must have basic landscape knowledge or be willing to learn
· Establish and maintain a cordial and effective working relationship with the Director of Landscape, Supervisor, Administrative Assistant, residents, and fellow employees
· Must be able to handle frequent kneeling, bending, digging, squatting, pulling, etc.
· Must be able to lift over 50 pounds
· Must be able to use a shovel, pick axe, planting bar, rake and other landscape equipment
· Must be able to tolerate natural elements (heat, sun, wind, rain) for extended periods of time
· Starting salary is $10.00 an hour for the initial 60 days of employment. Automatic increase to $11.10 thereafter. We perform annual compensation reviews to all employees.
· Paid holidays, sick and vacation.
· Full benefit package including 401k with a company match.
· Contact Human Resources at 480-832-0003 x321 or the landscape department directly at 480-832-0003 x223
· Pick up an application from 908 S Power Rd, Mesa, AZ 8520
· Go to www.leisureworldarizona.org and select “Employment Opportunities” to complete an online application
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.