HORIZON SPRINKLER COMPANY is a quality driven, multi-million dollar company located in Wyckoff, NJ, serving Bergen County, Passaic and Essex Counties in Northern New Jersey for over 30 years. Excellence in horticulture, professionalism, attention to detail and a commitment to customer care are the foundations for our long-time success.
Horizon's irrigation services department designs and installs a system to meet the specific water requirements of lawn areas and ornamental plants. Our projects include residences, estates, condominiums, commercial properties and athletic fields.
Our irrigation technician position involves a variety of service and installation tasks. You will work with irrigation components, diagnosing, repairing and installing all forms of underground sprinkler system components. You will be required to prepare work sheets for billing and communicate easily with clients and staff. You will also need to be able to work independently or with a team.
This is a hands on service technician position. Mechanical skills are necessary. Experience is an asset, however, we will provide training.
We have been established in the green industry for over 30 years and are looking for self motivated and detail orientated individuals Male/Female. Are you the person for the job? Contact us today for the start of a great future!
Responsibilities for the position are:
1) Drivers license is required. As a service technician, you will be traveling in our company vehicle from client to client. Vehicles are equiped with GPS to assist you in locating properties.
2) Mechanical skills. You will be analyzing problems and repairing broken lawn sprinkler components. We supply the latest electronic equipment to assist you in your work.
3) Hands on work. Attention to detail is required when installing lawn sprinkler timers or running control wires in clients homes. You will also need to dig up and repair sprinkler parts that are underground.
4) Organization skills. Preparing paper work for invoicing of the work you perform.
5) Communication skills. You will need to work with clients to listen to what their problems are and explain the repairs needed to solve their issues.
6) Experience is helpful but not required. This can be an entry-level position that will include training.
Tired of working for companyís that donít keep their promises? Come work in a secure, friendly and family oriented company.
We offer a Competitive compensation and benefits plan, which includes a bonus program, health benefits, retirement and vacation policy.
To be considered, your application MUST include the following: 1) Resume 2) References with phone numbers 3) List of your special skills or talents. 4) Salary requirements 5) Favorite sport