Class A office Building Owner/Developer looking for Grounds Manager for large Corporate park located in Kent, Washington.
Job Responsibilities: As Grounds Manager your position would exist to perform a large variety of grounds keeping tasks including, but not limited to:
Experience working independently, prioritizing work tasks, and following through with completion of tasks.
Coordinate, delegate and supervise vendor or labor staff. Plan and schedule the most effective use of available staff time.
Trash and litter removal from planting areas.
Irrigation repairs, tree trimming, shrub bed maintenance, installing annuals, and trimming.
Support the maintenance department with special projects, as needed.
Demonstrated commitment to working safely and taking effective action to ensure that the work environment is safe for co-workers, tenants and guests.
Experience and Knowledge of seasonal annuals a must.
• Possess a current valid Washington drivers license
• Knowledge of use and care of hand tools and power equipment
• Ability to read, write, and speak the English language.
• Ability to perform physical tasks required to carry out the job responsibilities.
• Must be able to manipulate effectively the tools and equipment used in grounds tasks.
• Previous experience in landscaping with the ability to follow direction and complete tasks is required.
• Must possess strong customer service and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work in different environmental working conditions (e.g. heat, cold, wind, rain, humidity).
• Maintains outside public areas, sidewalks, and parking areas; to be free of leaves and litter.
• Trims and prunes tree branches.
• Operates and maintains power equipment, ensuring the equipment is clean and in proper working condition.
• Ensures all plant beds are free of weeds, dead flowers, etc.
• Keep Property staff current about issues of grounds maintenance, and cleanliness. Troubleshoot problems. Propose solutions including preventative and long term maintenance plans. Get approval for all expenditures.
• Coordinate in-house support for capital improvement projects, preparing scope of work, and overseeing projects in conjunction with Property staff.
• Ordering/purchasing of necessary supplies/materials, and scheduling of projects.