At TruGreen LandCare, we do so much more than care for landscapes. We strive to give our customers natural beauty and consistent confidence. And we provide our associates with challenging work and opportunities for growth.
We are currently seeking:
Business Development Manager
Builds market position by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business relationships.
- Business Development Managers are account strategists on the TruGreen LandCare sales team. They develop and pursue a Focus 50 top account target list and may sell all job types and sizes inside and outside their assigned territories to ensure attainment of annual sales goal and client base relationship growth plan.
- Will have an assigned territory/market which will consist of counties and / or multiple branch service footprints. Can / may develop and participate in out-of –state relationships that lead to new company business upon management approval.
- Identify, qualify and secure business opportunities by cultivating and maintaining mutually beneficial business relationships with current and potential clients.
- Work closely with region sales/operations leadership and senior sales/operations leadership in all aspects of winning, retaining, and growing accounts.
- Leverage executive-level relationships to develop targeted sales strategies that convey a customized approach.
- Actively research potential clients and pursue new business relationships. They obtain client requirements and prepare business development strategies tailored to the targeted customer.
- Develop pursuit materials, prepare presentations and regularly present at client meetings, industry exhibits, trade shows and conferences. They work in tandem with landscape designers, sales representatives and branch managers to plan and coordinate business generation activities, such as responding to client requests for proposals (RFP) with a goal of creating contract requirements prior to a (RFP) going out into the marketplace.
- Preserve existing business relationships through continuous client follow up, responding to client inquiries and resolving problems on their behalf.
- Annual new sales & proposal goal minimums are $1.0m new contract / $5.0m new contract proposals.
- Maintain a short term and long term business development plan on a monthly basis
- Identifies trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements; tracking individual contributors and their accomplishments.
- Locates or proposes potential business deals by contacting potential partners; discovering and exploring opportunities.
- Screens potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities; recommending equity investments.
- Develops negotiating strategies and positions by studying integration of new venture with company strategies and operations; examining risks and potentials; estimating partners' needs and goals.
- Closes new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with branch/region/division operations.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities (i.e. agronomic and horticulture technical training); reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for key account accomplishments and new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of new business development experience with experience cultivating new professional relationships and dealing with long sales cycles.
- Ability to acquire new contract sales or other sales in excess of $50K.
- Capability to “hunt”/prospect for new sales opportunities as it relates to our business.
- Ability to work independently and meet monthly sales goals.
- Capacity to develop leads and network with industry professionals.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree preferred or combination of education and experience.
- Commercial landscaping experience preferred.
At TruGreen LandCare, you’ll enjoy a competitive compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity for professional growth and respect that comes from working for the industry leader. Qualified candidates must be able to successfully pass a criminal background check and drug screen. Come grow with us.
An Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer – AA/EOE/M/F/D/V
**Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity**
For consideration please CLICK HERE.