At Superior Landscapes foremen serve a pivotal role on tree care crews with the primary responsibility of climbing and guiding his/her team in the performance of all services.
• Direct crew in performance of work to be done; assign job specific tasks
• Supervise workmanship to ensure the work meets job order specifications
• Walk job site with consulting arborist
• Ensure crew members wear all safety equipment at all times and that safety practices and measures are followed
• Manage time, equipment and materials used to ensure job organization, equipment utilization and manpower are used in the most efficient manner
• Direct the cleanup of job site and ensure all equipment and supplies are secured on the trucks
• Adhere to company safety and training policies to maintain safe and controlled work environment at all times
• Confirm that all maintenance checks and services on equipment are followed
• Ensure that crews are properly trained and understand company safety policies and procedures
• Safely operate equipment (chainsaw, chipper, trucks, hand tools)
• Participate in all job site safety briefings
• Demonstrate and perform proper climbing techniques and procedures, pruning skills, application of approved knots and rigging techniques
• Utilize knowledge of compartmentalization and other concepts related to tree wounding/pruning
• 5-7 years industry experience in tree care with the ability to train/direct crew members in all facets of tree care.
• Knowledge of native and introduced tree and shrub species and characteristics of each species.
• Knowledge of proper pruning practices including large shade trees and ornamentals
• Knowledge of chain saw safety and operation
• Adept in tree climbing & bucket truck operation
• Quality workmanship, quality control with customer care attitude
• CDL Drivers License preferred
Excellent compensation / Benefits Package, Including:
• Paid vacation, personal and holidays
• Strong mentoring and training program / Continuing education reimbursement